Monday, August 4, 2014

Oh man, Peaches and Blueberries? The last time I ate those, I was in the States... They don't have those fancy fruits her in São Paulo... AND Lasagna and Garlic Bread?! Oh man... how I miss it. BUT, I only have 72 more days of rice and beans and I'll be chowing down on all of those yummy American things. Did I tell you that our first stop on the way home is a Mexican Restaraunt? And I saw that I've been reaccepted into BYU-Idaho. Woohoo! I'll apply for classes and housing and employment when I get back... 

As for the missionary world... Life is just great. We had a fantastic week of pure rejection... A lot of "I already have a religion" "Church is what's in our hearts" "I believe in Voodoo" "I don't speak English" (Iwasn't speaking English) and the worst of all "I don't have time for Christ. I'm busy." BUT all is well. I have faith that this week will be a week of MIRACLES. For sure. This week we had a Zone conferance with President Broadbent and two other zones of missionaries. It was a little strange because I gave my going home testimony. The very last conference that I will have before I hope on a direct flight to 'Merica. I was nervous, but I didn't cry. So that's a plus... 

As far as our investigators go, we're searching high and low to find a family that is looking to change their lives, but... that's rare here. We usually just find a lot of drunk people. This weekend was super hot here so everyone and their mom was out in the streets and bars drinking their lives away and yelling random English words at the missionaries. #sisterlyfeinbrasil

But I think that's about all. The church just put out a new mormon message that's pretty stinking cool.


I know that God is real and that he watches over us and knows us personally. Our difficulties. Our talents. Everything. I know that Jesus Christ is not only the Savior of the world but my Savior, and that He is at our side through everything. I know that God has given us modern day prophets that give us modern day guidance. I know that my family is eternal and that every, single person on this earth has an eternal purpose.

You guys rock.

Sister Hargrove

No comments:

Post a Comment